A project to fine-tune CGI + backplates integration, featuring the famous Aston Martin DB5 and scenic landscapes from the south of Spain.
A number of technical articles have been published as part of this project, available on the blog:
- An observation about glass transparency when compositing CG elements on photographs
- How to to blur backplates to simulate traditional automotive photography
- A new technique to blur backplates
- How to render shadows suited for compositing
- A look at the distortion effect of wide-angle lenses and how to counter it when rendering vehicles
- A handy node-based technique to seamlessly extend backdrops.